Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
Part I. Laboratory Tests
1. Using Laboratory Data
2. Hematology Tests
3. Routine Urinalysis and Other Urine Tests
4. Renal Function Tests
5. Four Commonly Measured Electrolytes
6. Arterial Blood Gases and Related Tests
7. Three Less Commonly Measured Electrolytes and Vitamin D
8. Tests to Measure The Metabolism of Glucose and Other Sugars
9. Tests to Measure Lipid Metabolism and Other Cardiac Risk Factors
10. Tests Related to Serum Protein Levels, Tumor Markers, and Cancer Genomics
11. Tests to Measure The Metabolism of Bilirubin
12. Tests to Measure Enzymes and Cardiac Markers
13. Coagulation Tests and Tests to Detect Occult Blood
14. Serologic Tests, Immunohematology, Microbiology and Immunology
15. Endocrine Tests
16. Culture and Sensitivity Tests and Rapid Tests for Infections
17. Therapeutic Drug Monitoring and Toxicology Screens
18. Tests Performed in Pregnancy, The Newborn Period, and for Genetic Screening
Part II. Case Studies
19. Practice Interpretation Of Laboratory Data
Part III. Diagnostic Procedures
20. Diagnostic Radiologic Tests
21. Body Scans: CT, DXA, MRI, PET and SPECT
22. Nuclear Scans: Diagnostic Tests with Radionuclides or Radioisotopes
23. Diagnostic Ultrasonography
24. Common Noninvasive Diagnostic Tests
25. Common Invasive Tests
26. Stress Tests, Cardiac Catheterizations, Electrophysiologic Studies, and Syncope Tests
27. Endoscopic Procedures
28. Diagnostic Procedures Related to Childbearing Years
Appendix A. Reference Values for Newborns and Children Compared With Adult Values
Appendix B. Possible Alterations in Reference Values for The Aged
Appendix C. Altered Reference Values for Common Laboratory Tests in Normal Pregnancies
Appendix D. Units Of Measure
Appendix E. SI Conversion Factors
Appendix F Diagrams Of Laboratory Results