Built on a solid research base, this exceptionally applied, accessible, and teacher-friendly text continues to provide balanced coverage of all six of the language arts, including extensive application as well as student artifacts.
Features new to the fifth edition include:
- New full-color inserts, emphasize the four prime instructional processes of language arts: literature focus units, literature circles, reading and writing workshops, and theme cycles
- Piecing a Lesson Together expands lesson topics to include full minilessons and the opportunity for users to create their own lessons online
- Weaving Assessment Into the Classroom features in each chapter take readers into real classrooms to witness the ongoing assessment necessary for masterful language arts teaching
- A fully integrated Companion Website provides users with access to minilessons, research, meaningful activities, and an online journal
- A free CD-ROM with footage of a Language Arts classroom gives users an intimate look at using instructional patterns in practice