Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
The text is patient-focused rather than technology-focused and leads the refractive surgeon through a series of real life cases in a progression from the more straight-forward to the increasingly complex with useful take home points in each surgical planning, technique and management of complications are reviewed in a case-based contemporary approach relevant no matter your level of experience.
This hands-on resource provides…
• Practical, case-based format uses real-world examples to promote safe, effective practice, relevant to all refractive surgeons.
• Convenient indexes group cases by clinical findings, making it easy to locate those cases relevant to your prospective patient
• Emphasis on patient-centered care focuses on surgical planning, preparation, and approach, including the prevention and management of complications.
• Coverage of a wide range of equipment familiarizes readers with the latest tools and technologies.
• Expert perspectives identify the pros and cons of the equipment used in LASIK procedures.
• “Take Home Points” highlight valuable information for quick reference.
• 70-question self-assessment test reinforces understanding.
NEW to the Second Edition…
• Fully updated content describes the fundamentals of LASIK treatment as well as the latest tools, techniques, and tips.
• 105 cases (including 30 new cases) cover a wide array of actual clinical experience.
• 21 instructional videos demonstrate technique and management available in a companion website
• 70 self-assessment questions with detailed discussions allow you to test your knowledge and an interactive online question bank provides opportunities to enhance critical thinking and assess learning.
• New chapters on the latest technologies address corneal topography, OCT, femtosecond and excimer lasers and collagen cross-linking written by experts.
• New chapters on international perspectives covers LASIK as performed around the world.
• New chapter on lens implant power selection after LASIK surgery.