Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to inclue any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
1. MECA: A Meeting Place for Culture and Therapy
2. Latino Diversity: Contexts and Cultures
II. Migration and Acculturation
3. Journeys of Migration: Losses and Gains
4. Transnational Therapies: Separations and Reunifications
5. The Second-Generation Identity Struggles: Roots and Wings
III. Ecological Contexts
6. Health Disparities: The Need for Equal and Just Care
7. Religion, Spirituality, and Traditional Healing Practices
8. Racism, Ethnic Prejudice, and Discrimination
9. The Challenge of School and Work
IV. Family Organization
10. The Persistence of Extended Kin
11. Couples: Presenting Issues and Approaches
V. Family Life Cycle
12. Raising Children in Culture and Context
13. Adolescents and Parents Crossing Cultural Borders
14. Young, Middle, and Late Adulthood Transitions
A Reflection: Finding Strengths