Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Arturo Fox was born in Cuba in 1935. Moved to the U.S. in 1962. U.S. citizen.
Degrees: Doctor of Laws, Univ. of Havana, 1960; Ph.D. in Spanish with supporting program in Latin American Studies, Univ. of Minnesota at Minneapolis, 1971.
Academic positions: Instructor of Spanish, Luther College, Decorah, Iowa, 1963-66; Assistant Professor of Spanish, Dickinson College, Carlisle, PA,1966-72; Assoc. Prof, 1972-79; Prof., 1979-98. Chair, Dept. of Modern Languages, 1972-74; Chair, Dept. of Spanish and Italian, 1978-79; Chair, Dept. of Spanish, 1981-84, 1990-93; Coordinator, Latin American Studies Program, Central PA Consortium, 1968-77; Director, Colombia Semester Program, Central PA Consortium, 1977-78; Director, Dickinson in Málaga, Spain, , 1985-86, 1988-90, 1993-95.
Recongnitions: recipient of the Lindback Foundation Distinguished Teaching Award, 1981; appointed William W. Edel Professor of Humanities ( honorary chair), 1992; biographical entry in Marquis “Who’s Who in America.
Publications: Tree college textbooks: Otras gentes, otros modos, Holt, Rinehart & Winston, 1967; España: ida y vuelta, Harcourt, Brace, Jovanovich, 1981; Latinoamérica: presente y pasado, Prentice Hall, 1998; 2003; Anecdotario del comandante, a novel, Ediciones Universal, 1976; El Edipo en Unamuno y el espejo de Lacan (literary criticism), The Edwin Mellen Press, 2001. I have also published numerous articles on Spanish and Spanish American authors which have appeared in U.S. and Spanish literary journals.
Travels: all countries of Western Europe, Hungary, Croatia, Servia-Montenegro, Bulgaria, Romania, the Czech Republic, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Israel, Morocco, Thailand, Mexico, Colombia, Peru, Bolivia, Chile, Argentina, and five years of residence in Spain as director of Dickinson’s Malaga Program.
Table of Contents
2. Las grandes civilizaciones precolombinas (II)
3. Europa en la época del descubrimiento de América
4. La conquista de la América Hispana
5. El sistema colonial
6. Sociedad, vida y cultura en el mundo colonial
7. El siglo XIX. La independencia y sus consecuencias
8. Latinoamérica a vista de pájaro
9. El siglo XX. Panorama latinoamericano
10. La escena cultural hasta la Segunda Guerra Mundial
11. La escena cultural desde la Segunda Guerra Mundial
12. Centroamérica y México
13. El área del Caribe: Haití, la República Dominicana, Cuba
14. La Hispanoamérica andina: Ecuador, Perú y Bolivia
15. Los países del cono sur: Paraguay, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile
16. El norte de Suramérica: Colombia y Venezuela17. Los hispanos en los Estados Unidos