Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Table of Contents
Introduction, David Kennedy and Joseph E. Stiglitz
Part I: Conceptual Foundations
1. Law and Development Economics: Toward a New Alliance, David Kennedy
2. Creating the Institutional Foundations for a Market Economy, Joseph E. Stiglitz
3. Analyzing Legal Formality and Informality: Lessons from the Land-titling and Microcredit Programs, Antara Haldar and Joseph E. Stiglitz
Part II: Towards Law and Development Policies with Chinese Characteristics
A. Property Rights
4. The Economics Behind Law in a Market Economy: Alternatives to the Neo-Liberal Orthodoxy, Joseph E. Stiglitz
5. Some Caution about Property Rights as a Recipe for Economic Development, David Kennedy
6. Rural Land Rights in China, Roy Prosterman
7. The Role of Property Rights in Chinese Economic Transition, Kenneth Ayotte and Patrick Bolton
B. Intellectual Property Rights for China's Development
8. Institutional Design for China's Innovation System: Implications for Intellectual Property Rights, Joseph E. Stiglitz
9. The evolution of China's IPR system and its impact on the innovative performance of MNCs and Local Firms in China, Zheng Liang and Lan Xue
10. The Property and Intellectual Property Exchanges (PIPEs) in China since the 1990s, Heping Cao
C. Corporate Rights
11. The China Aviation Oil Episode: Law and Development in China and Singapore, Curtis J. Milhaupt and Katharina Pistor
12. Legal Deterrence: The foundation of Corporate Governance - Evidence from China, Zhong Zhang
D. Social Rights
13. Generosity and Participation: variations in Urban China's Minimum Livelihood Guarantee Policy, Qin Gao and Carl Riskin
14. The Intergenerational Content of Social Spending: Health Care and Sustainable Growth in China, Jean-Paul Fitoussi and Francesco Saraceno
E. Labor Rights
15. The Hukou Reform and Unification of Rural-urban Social Welfare, Cai Fang
Part III: Institutional Foundations for the Chinese Market Economy: The State
16. Deregulation, Decentralization and China's Growth in Transition, Justin Yifu Lin, Mingxing Liu and Ran Tao
17. From Industrialization to Urbanization: The Social Consequences of Changing Fiscal Incentives on Local Government's Behavior, James Kai-sing Kung, Chenggang Xu and Feizhou Zhou
B. Enforcing Justice
18. China's Network Justice, Benjamin L. Liebman and Tim Wu
19. China's Courts: Restricted Reform, Benjamin L. Liebman