Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
PART ONE: LAW ENFORCEMENT IN THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM
1. Law Enforcement in a Democratic Society
2. Origins and Development of Law Enforcement
3. Law Enforcement and the Law
PART TWO: LAW ENFORCEMENT ORGANIZATIONS, OPERATIONS AND CONDUCT
4. Policing Functions and Units
5. Policing Discretion and Behavior
6. Patrol and Traffic
7. Search and Seizure, Arrest, and Interrogation
8. Investigation and Evidence Collection
9. Policing the Police
PART THREE: POLICING IN THE 21st CENTURY
10. Policing Multicultural Communities
11. Community Policing and Problem Solving
12. Advances in Policing: New Technologies for Crime Analysis
13. Standards for Police Recruitment