Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Kirby Turner is an independent software developer and Chief Code Monkey at White Peak Software Inc., where he focuses on iOS and Mac programming. When Kirby is not sitting behind the keyboard, he can be
found hanging out with his wife and son, hiking the mountains of New England, kayaking the waters in and around Salem, Massachusetts, and snowboarding down mountains in search of magic powder. Follow Kirby on Twitter and App.net: @kirbyt.
Tom Harrington is an independent iOS and Mac software developer and is available for contract work, technical conferences, and parties. He also organizes iOS developer events in Colorado. Follow Tom on Twitter and App.net: @atomicbird.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents (preliminary):
Part I. Getting Started
1. Your First App
2. Getting Started with Xcode
3. Getting Started with Interface Builder
4. Getting Started with Objective-C
5. Getting Started with Cocoa
6. Provisioning Your iPad
7. App Design
Part II. Building PhotoWheel
8. Creating a Master-Detail App
9. Using Table Views
10. Working with Views
11. Taking Advantage of Touch Gestures
12. Adding Photos
13. Data Persistence
14. Storyboarding in Xcode
15. Doing More with View Controllers
16. Building the Main Screen
17. Creating a Photo Browser
18. Supporting Device Rotation
19. Printing with AirPrint
20. Sending Email
21. Web Services
22. Syncing with iCloud
23. Producing a Slideshow with AirPlay
24. Cool Effects with Core Image
25. Going Universal
Part 3. The Finishing Touches
27. Distributing Your App
28. The Final Word
Appendix A. Installing the Developer Tools