Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
The new edition of Diseases of the Ear, Nose and Throat Lecture Notes provides an updated and comprehensive overview of one of the fastest growing specialties in medicine.
New features include:
• A revamped layout and structure comprising four sections: The ear, hearing and balance, The nose and sinuses, The head and neck and ENT emergencies
• Additional content including facial plastic surgery, emergencies and maxillofacial trauma, and 50 brand new illustrations and images
• Treatment and management now highlighted for quick reference
The brand new companion website at www.lecturenoteseries.com/ENT features over 100 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), key revision points, and links to further online resources.
Diseases of the Ear, Nose and Throat Lecture Notes is ideal for the busy medical student new to this area or as a useful review and revision aid later in their course.
Table of Contents
Part 1: The Ear, Hearing and Balance
1 The ear: applied basic science
2 Clinical examination of the ear
3 Testing the hearing
5 Conditions of the pinna
6 Conditions of the external auditory meatus
7 Otitis media
8 Acute otitis media
9 Chronic otitis media
10 Complications of middle-ear infection
11 Otitis media with effusion
12 Earache (otalgia)
14 Balance disorders
15 Facial nerve paralysis
Part 2: The Nose and Sinuses
16 Clinical examination of the nose and nasopharynx
17 The nasal septum
18 Acute nose and sinus infections
19 Tumours of the nose, sinuses and nasopharynx
20 Rhinitis and nasal polyps
21 Facial plastic surgery
Part 3: The Head and Neck
23 The oropharynx and tonsils
24 Snoring and obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome
25 The larynx: applied basic science and examination
26 Inflammatory disorders of the larynx
27 Head and neck cancer
28 Voice disorders
29 The pharynx and upper oesophagus
31 Diseases of the salivary glands
32 Neck lumps
Part 4: ENT Emergencies
33 Injuries of the ear and temporal bone
34 Nasal emergencies
35 Airway obstruction
36 Airway obstruction in infants and children
37 Pharyngeal and oesophageal ingested foreign bodies
38 Neck trauma
39 Maxillofacial trauma