Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Providing a combined 70 years of experience in teaching and practicing law, the authors have all been recipients of teaching awards at their respective schools.
Michael B. Bixby practiced law for 11 years before joining Boise State University as a professor of legal studies in business. In 2006, Professor Bixby was named the winner of the top teaching award at Boise State University. He is the past president of the Pacific Northwest Academy of Legal Studies in Business and a member of the Governing Council of the Idaho Bar Association Business and Corporate Law Section and the State Bar of Michigan.
Caryn L. Beck-Dudley, current Dean of the College of Business at Florida State University, previously taught business law, employment law, and business ethics at Utah State University. She is past president of the National Academy of Legal Studies in Business.
Patrick J. Cihon was on the Ontario Ministry of Labour before joining the Syracuse University School of Management as an associate professor of law and public policy. He was voted Outstanding Faculty Member by the Syracuse University Association of Graduate Business Students and by the Syracuse Chapter of Beta Gamma Sigma undergraduate honor society.
Susan Park practiced law in Boise, Idaho, and clerked at the Idaho Supreme Court before joining the faculty at Boise State University in 1997. She currently teaches Legal Environment of Business and Commercial Law, and is the 2011-2012 President-Elect of the Pacific Northwest Academy of Legal Studies in Business.
Table of Contents
PART 1: THE GLOBAL, LEGAL, REGULATORY, POLITICAL, AND SOCIAL ENVIRONMENT OF BUSINESS 1
1. Introduction to Law 1
2. The Legal System in the United States 23
3. Litigation and Alternate Dispute Resolution: Going to Court, or Not 57
4. The Constitution and Business 100
5. Administrative Law and Regulation 140
6. International Legal Issues in Business 172
7. Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility 221
PART 2: LEGAL ISSUES IN BUSINESS ORGANIZATIONS 255
8. Principal–Agent Relationships and Partnerships 255
9. Corporations and Other Business Entities 289
10. Securities Law and Protection of Investors 331
11. Business Torts and Crimes 357
PART 3: COMMON LAW SUBJECTS AND THEIR CONTEMPORARY DIMENSIONS 396
12. Principles of Contract Law 396
13. Warranty and Liability Issues in the Sale of Products 429
14. Real and Personal Property: Ownership, Transfer, and Land Use Controls 467
15. Environmental Law and Regulation 498
16. Cyberlaw and Intellectual Property 538
PART 4: LEGAL ISSUES INVOLVING CONSUMERS, COMPETITORS, AND SUPPLIERS 586
17. Antitrust Law: The Regulation of Corporate Behavior and Structure 586
18. Legal Rights of Consumers, Debtors, and Creditors 641
19. Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices and Advertising 678
PART 5: EMPLOYER/EMPLOYEE LEGAL ISSUES 705
20. Contemporary Legal Issues in Employment 705
21. Equal Employment Opportunity Law:
22. Other Statutory Regulation of Employment 773
23. Labor–Management Law and Regulation 810
Subject Index I1
Case Index I13