Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
For courses in business law and the legal environment of business
This comprehensive textbook not only helps students develop a thorough understanding of the legal environment of business, but also enhances their ability to engage in critical thinking and ethical analysis, and ultimately survive in an increasingly competitive global environment. The following features of this text are designed to ensure that the authors’ goal–to develop critically thinking students who understand the important concepts of business law and the legal environment of business–is attained.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This text will provide a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students. It provides:
- Critical thinking skills that are developed through a superior, comprehensive, one-of-a-kind approach.
- An emphasis on the global environment that helps prepare students for working in countries outside of the United States, or for U.S. companies with dealings in foreign companies or countries.
- Additional features that distinguish this text’s teaching and learning advantages, including links connecting the law to other disciplines, a balanced mix of classic and current cases, For Future Reading lists, Applying the Law to the Facts features and more.
Table of Contents
Introduction to the Law and the Legal Environment of Business
1 Critical Thinking and Legal Reasoning
2 Introduction to Law and the Legal Environment of Business
3 The American Legal System
4 Alternative Tools of Dispute Resolution
5 Constitutional Principles
6 White-Collar Crime and the Business Community
7 Ethics, Social Responsibility, and the Business Manager
8 The International Legal Environment of Business
Private Law and the Legal Environment of Business
9 The Law of Contracts and Sales—I
10 The Law of Contracts and Sales—II
11 The Law of Torts
12 Product and Service Liability Law
13 Law of Property: Real and Personal
14 Intellectual Property
15 Agency Law
16 Law and Business Associations—I
17 Law and Business Associations—II
Public Law and the Legal Environment of Business
18 The Law of Administrative Agencies
19 The Employment Relationship
20 Laws Governing Labor–Management Relations
21 Employment Discrimination
22 Environmental Law
23 Rules Governing the Issuance and Trading of Securities
24 Antitrust Laws
25 Laws of Debtor–Creditor Relations and Consumer Protection
Appendix A The Constitution Of the United States
Appendix B Uniform Commercial Code (2000 Official Text), Article 2