Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
What is included with this book?
For undergraduate courses in the Legal Environment of Business.
Cutting edge cases and comprehensive coverage of the legal environment of business.
The Legal Environment of Business: Online Commerce, Ethics, and Global Issues examines how the current legal environment, government regulation, and e-commerce environment impact today's business decisions. The cases in this text are cutting-edge, exciting, and engaging, and the reasoning of each case is presented in the language of the court. The Eighth Edition is updated with all new cases, statutes, and features.
Professor Cheeseman earned a bachelor’s degree in finance from Marquette University, both a master’s in business administration (MBA) and a master’s in business taxation (MBT) from USC, a juris doctor (JD) degree from the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) School of Law, a master’s degree with an emphasis on law and economics from the University of Chicago, and a master’s in law (LLM) degree in financial institutions law from Boston University.
Professor Cheeseman was director of the Legal Studies in Business Program at USC. Professor Cheeseman taught business law, legal environment, and ethics courses in both the MBA and the undergraduate programs of the Marshall School of Business of USC. At the MBA level, he developed and taught courses on corporate governance, securities regulation, mergers and acquisitions, and bankruptcy law. At the undergraduate level, he taught courses on business law, the legal environment of business, ethics, business organizations, cyber law, and intellectual property.
Professor Cheeseman received the Golden Apple Teaching Award on many occasions by being voted by the students as the best professor at the Marshall School of Business of USC. He was named a fellow of the Center for Excellence in Teaching at USC by the dean of the Marshall School of Business. The USC’s Torch and Tassel Chapter of the Mortar Board, a national senior honor society, tapped Professor Cheeseman for recognition of his leadership, commitment, and excellence in teaching.
Professor Cheeseman writes leading business law and legal environment textbooks that are published by Pearson Education, Inc. These include Business Law, Contemporary Business Law, and The Legal Environment of Business.
Professor Cheeseman is an avid traveler and amateur photographer. The interior photographs for this book were taken by Professor Cheeseman.
1. Legal Heritage and the Digital Age
2. Ethics and Social Responsibility of Business
3. Courts, Jurisdiction, and Administrative Law
4. Judicial, Alternative, and E-Dispute Resolution
Part II: Constitution and Public Law
5. Constitutional Law for Business and E-Commerce
6. Torts and Strict Liability
7. Criminal Law and Cyber Crimes
8. Intellectual Property and Cyber Piracy
Part III: Contracts, Commercial Law, and E-Commerce
9. Formation and Requirements of Contracts
10. Performance and Breach of Contracts
11. Digital Law and E-Commerce
12. UCC Sales Contracts, Leases, and Warranties
13. Credit, Secured Transactions, and Bankruptcy
Part IV: Business Organizations, Corporate Governance, and Investor Protection
14. Small Business, General Partnerships, and Limited Partnerships
15. Limited Liability Companies, Limited Liability Partnerships, and Special Forms of Business
16. Corporations and Corporate Governance
17. Investor Protection and E-Securities Transactions
Part V: Agency, Employment, and Labor Law
18. Agency Law
19. Equal Opportunity in Employment
20. Employment Law and Worker Protection
21. Labor Law and Immigration Law
Part VI: Government Regulation
22. Antitrust Law and Unfair Trade Practices
23. Consumer Protection
24. Environmental Protection
25. Real Property and Land Use Regulation
Part VII: Global Environment
26. International and World Trade Law
Part VIII: Accounting Profession
27. Accountants’ Duties and Liability
A: The Constitution of the United States of America