More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
Renting is easy, fast, and cheap! Renting from eCampus.com can save you hundreds of dollars compared to the cost of new or used books each semester. At the end of the semester, simply ship the book back to us with a free UPS shipping label! No need to worry about selling it back.
How do rental returns work?
Returning books is as easy as possible. As your rental due date approaches, we will email you several courtesy reminders. When you are ready to return, you can print a free UPS shipping label from our website at any time. Then, just return the book to your UPS driver or any staffed UPS location. You can even use the same box we shipped it in!
What version or edition is this?
This is the 12th edition with a publication date of 1/19/2010.
What is included with this book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Business Communication: Making Connections in a Digital World, 12/e by Lesikar, Flatley, and Rentz provides both student and instructor with all the tools needed to navigate through the complexity of the modern business communication environment. At their disposal, teachers have access to an online Tools Techniques Blog that continually keeps them abreast of the latest research and developments in the field while providing a host of teaching materials. Business Communication attends to the dynamic, fast-paced, and ever-changing means by which business communication occurs by being the most technologically current and pedagogically effective books in the field. It has realistic examples that are both consumer-and business-oriented.
Table of Contents
Part One: Introduction
- Chapter One: Communication in the Workplace
- Chapter Two: Adaptation and the Selection of Words
- Chapter Three: Construction of Clear Sentences and Paragraphs
- Chapter Four: Writing for a Positive Effect
- Chapter Five: The Writing Process and the Main Forms of Business Messages
- Chapter Six: Directness in Good-News and Neutral Messages
- Chapter Seven: Indirectness in Bad-News Messages
- Chapter Eight: Indirectness in Persuasive Messages
- Chapter Nine: Communicating in the Job-Search Process
- Chapter Ten: Basics of Report Writing
- Chapter Eleven: Types of Business Reports
- Chapter Twelve: Graphics in Reports and Other Documents
- Chapter Thirteen: Oral and Interpersonal Communication
- Chapter Fourteen: Oral Reporting and Public Speaking
- Chapter Fifteen: Cross-Cultural Communication
- Chapter Sixteen: Correctness of Communication
- Chapter Seventeen: Technology-Enabled Communication
- Chapter Eighteen: Business Research Methods