Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Ebenezer Adodo, Lecturer in Law, School of Law, University of Surrey
Dr Ebenezer is Lecturer in Law at the School of Law, University of Surrey. Dr Adodo completed his PhD at the National University of Singapore and has written widely on letters of credit and related topics. His articles have been published in journals such as the Journal of Business Law.
Table of Contents
PART I - SETTING UP A LETTER OF CREDIT TRANSACTION
Introduction to Part I
1. Business framework of the credit device
2. Parties' roles in the credit opening process
3. Consequences of failure to issue a conforming credit
PART II - PROPER PERFORMANCE UNDER THE OPERATIVE CREDIT
Introduction to Part II
4. Presenting documents to draw on the credit
5. Presentee bank's document examination duties
6. Conceptual criteria for identifying conforming documents
7. Requirements for specific modes of documentation
8. Unavailable stipulated document
9. Procedures for handling a non-complying presentation
PART III - CONTRACT CHOICE OF LAW ISSUES
Introduction to Part III
10. The law applicable to beneficiary's presentation for payment
11. Nominated Bank's Right of Reimbursement