Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
1. Linear Equations
1.1 Introduction to Linear Systems
1.2 Matrices, Vectors, and Gauss-Jordan Elimination
1.3 On the Solutions of Linear Systems; Matrix Algebra
2. Linear Transformations
2.1 Introduction to Linear Transformations and Their Inverses
2.2 Linear Transformations in Geometry
2.3 Matrix Products
2.4 The Inverse of a Linear Transformation
3. Subspaces of Rn and Their Dimensions
3.1 Image and Kernel of a Linear Transformation
3.2 Subspace of Rn ; Bases and Linear Independence
3.3 The Dimension of a Subspace of Rn
4. Linear Spaces
4.1 Introduction to Linear Spaces
4.2 Linear Transformations and Isomorphisms
4.3 The Matrix of a Linear Transformation
5. Orthogonality and Least Squares
5.1 Orthogonal Projections and Orthonormal Bases
5.2 Gram-Schmidt Process and QR Factorization
5.3 Orthogonal Transformations and Orthogonal Matrices
5.4 Least Squares and Data Fitting
5.5 Inner Product Spaces
6.1 Introduction to Determinants
6.2 Properties of the Determinant
6.3 Geometrical Interpretations of the Determinant; Cramer's Rule
7. Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors
7.2 Finding the Eigenvalues of a Matrix
7.3 Finding the Eigenvectors of a Matrix
7.4 More on Dynamical Systems
7.5 Complex Eigenvalues
8. Symmetric Matrices and Quadratic Forms
8.1 Symmetric Matrices
8.2 Quadratic Forms
8.3 Singular Values
9. Linear Differential Equations
9.1 An Introduction to Continuous Dynamical Systems
9.2 The Complex Case: Euler's Formula
9.3 Linear Differential Operators and Linear Differential Equations
Appendix A. Vectors
Appendix B: Techniques of Proof
Answers to Odd-numbered Exercises