Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
Foreword to the Instructor
Foreword to the Student
2. Dot Product
3. Hyperplanes in Rn
4. Systems of Linear Equations and Gaussian Elimination
5. The Theory of Linear Systems
6. Some Applications
1. Matrix Operations
2. Linear Transformations: An Introduction
3. Inverse Matrices
4. Elementary Matrices: Rows get Equal Time
5. The Transpose
1. Subspaces of Rn
3. Linear Independence and Basis
4. Dimension and Its Consequences
5. A Graphic Example
6. Abstract Vector Spaces
1. Inconsistent Systems and Projection
2. Orthogonal Bases
3. The Matrix of a Linear Transformation and the Change-of-Basis Formula
4. Linear Transformations on Abstract Vector Spaces
1. Properties of Determinants
2. Cofactors and Cramer’s Rule
3. Signed Area in R2 and Signed Volume in R2
1. The Characteristic Polynomial
4. The Spectral Theorem
1. Complex Eigenvalues and Jordan Canonical Form
2. Computer Graphics and Geometry
3. Matrix Exponentials and Differential Equations
Answers to Selected Exercises
List of Blue Boxes