Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
Part One: Foundations of American Government
1 American Government: Democracy in Action
2 Early Governance and the Constitutional Framework
4 Civil Liberties
5 Civil Rights
Part Two: The Institutions of American Government
7 The Presidency
9 The Judiciary
Part Three: The American Public and the Democratic Process
10 Political Socialization and Public Opinion
11 The Politics of the Media
12 Interest Groups and Civic and Political Engagement
13 Elections and Political Parties in America
Part Four: Public Policy
14 The Policy Process and Economic Policy
15 Foreign and National Security Policy
Part Five: California
16. California: Historical Perspective
17. Democracy, California Style
18. The California State Legislature
19. The California Executive and Bureaucracy
20. The California Judiciary
21. Local Government in California
22. California Fiscal Policy
1 Declaration of Independence of the Thirteen Colonies (annotated)
2 The Constitution of the United States (annotated)
3 The Federalist, No. 10, James Madison
4 The Federalist, No. 51, James Madison
5 Anti-Federalist, To the Citizens of the State of New York, October 18, 1787
6 The Gettysburg Address, Abraham Lincoln
7 I Have a Dream, Martin Luther King
8 Presidents and Congresses
9 Supreme Court Justices