Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Agar Brugiavini, Professor in Economics, Ca' Foscari University of Venice,Guglielmo Weber, Professor in Econometrics, University of Padua
Agar Brugiavini is Professor of Economics at Ca' Foscari University of Venice. She is Director of the Ca' Foscari International College and Dean of the Venice International University -VIU. She is an International Research Fellow of the Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS), London. She holds a Ph.D. in Economics from the London School of Economics. She was Visiting Professor at Northwestern University. She has contributed to many volumes of the NBER project Social Security Around the World. Her research interests include: the behaviour of individuals and households in the areas of consumption, saving and labour supply, pension reforms and insurance markets. She plays a key role in the SHARE (Survey of Health Ageing and Retirement in Europe). More recently she has been carrying out research on the economics of ageing, looking at the relationship between health conditions and economic behaviour, and also on gender economics.
Guglielmo Weber is Professor of Econometrics at University of Padua. He is a Centre for Economic Policy Research (CEPR) Research Fellow and an International Research Fellow of the Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS), London. He is director of the Centro Studi Economici Antonveneta (CSEA) and Executive Vice-President of the European Economic Association (EEA). He holds a Ph.D. in Economics from the London School of Economics. He was visiting professor at Stanford University and Northwestern University (USA). His research interests include consumer behaviour, saving, retirement and the economics of ageing. He is involved in the SHARE project as Country Team Leader for Italy, and is vice coordinator of SHARE-ERIC (the European Research Infrastructure Consortium that manages SHARE).
Table of Contents
Introduction, Agar Brugiavini and Guglielmo Weber
1. Anatomy of Financial Hardship, Olympia Bover, Agar Brugiavini and Guglielmo Weber
2. The Consequences of Financial Hardship and Recessions on Income and Welfare, Orazio Attanasio, Agar Brugiavini, Elisabetta Trevisan and Guglielmo Weber
3. Characterizing Income Shocks and their Transmission to Household Consumption, Orazio Attanasio, Margherita Borella and Torben Heien Nielsen
4. Conclusions, Agar Brugiavini and Guglielmo Weber