from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to inclue any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
The best-selling American English learners’ dictionary helps intermediate students build their vocabulary, and offers extra help and support for students who are studying other subjects in English. The Longman English e-Tutor CD-ROM offers students a wide range of practice material, helping them move from understanding English to learning how to use English correctly.
- Comprehensive intermediate level dictionary with 55,000 words and phrases and 36,000 example sentences
- Extra vocabulary help for students who are studying other subjects in English — 3,500 words of content vocabulary and the Academic Wordlist are highlighted
- 3,000 Thesaurus boxes help expand students' vocabulary
- 3,000 etymologies show the origins of words
- Helps students avoid common errors with spelling, usage and grammar notes
- Teach your students to use dictionaries with the updated Learner's Handbook
- Your students will understand the definitions written using the Longman American Defining Vocabulary of 2000 common words
- Academic Study Center helps students with reading, writing and exam preparation
- Separate thesaurus section helps students expand vocabulary
- Photo dictionary helps with vocabulary building
Longman English e-Tutor CD-ROM
The Longman English e-Tutor CD-ROM helps students improve their reading, writing and grammar to ultimately help them advance to the next level of English. Your students can use the CD-ROM for self-study, to improve their understanding of key words and how to use them. Students who are preparing for SAT® exams and TOEFL® exams can also practice their exam skills using the interactive exercises on the CD-ROM.
- Get extra support in the classroom by downloading worksheets and quizzes to teach dictionary skills from the Teacher’s Corner on the CD-ROM
- Help your students become more independent learners by directing them to the Academic Study Center on the CD-ROM
Table of Contents
|Short Forms Used in the Dictionary|
|Grammar Codes Used in the Dictionary|
|Labels Used in the Dictionary|
|Key to the Dictionary|
|Weights and Measures|
|Workbook Answer Key|
|Table of Contents provided by Publisher. All Rights Reserved.|