The best-selling American English learners’ dictionary helps intermediate students build their vocabulary, and offers extra help and support for students who are studying other subjects in English. The Longman English e-Tutor CD-ROM offers students a wide range of practice material, helping them move from understanding English to learning how to use English correctly.
- Comprehensive intermediate level dictionary with 55,000 words and phrases and 36,000 example sentences
- Extra vocabulary help for students who are studying other subjects in English — 3,500 words of content vocabulary and the Academic Wordlist are highlighted
- 3,000 Thesaurus boxes help expand students' vocabulary
- 3,000 etymologies show the origins of words
- Helps students avoid common errors with spelling, usage and grammar notes
- Teach your students to use dictionaries with the updated Learner's Handbook
- Your students will understand the definitions written using the Longman American Defining Vocabulary of 2000 common words
- Academic Study Center helps students with reading, writing and exam preparation
- Separate thesaurus section helps students expand vocabulary
- Photo dictionary helps with vocabulary building
Longman English e-Tutor CD-ROM
The Longman English e-Tutor CD-ROM helps students improve their reading, writing and grammar to ultimately help them advance to the next level of English. Your students can use the CD-ROM for self-study, to improve their understanding of key words and how to use them. Students who are preparing for SAT® exams and TOEFL® exams can also practice their exam skills using the interactive exercises on the CD-ROM.
- Get extra support in the classroom by downloading worksheets and quizzes to teach dictionary skills from the Teacher’s Corner on the CD-ROM
- Help your students become more independent learners by directing them to the Academic Study Center on the CD-ROM