This is the 10th edition with a publication date of 1/14/2013.
What is included with this book?
The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Connect Access Card for Accounting: What the Numbers Mean
CONNECT ACCOUNTING 1S ACCESS CARD FOR ACCOUNTING: WHAT THE NUMBERS MEAN
Connect Plus Access Card for Accounting: What the Numbers Mean
CONNECT PLUS ACCOUNTING 1S ACCESS CARD FOR ACCOUNTING: WHAT THE NUMBERS MEAN
Gen Cmbo:Ll Acct,Connect+
Loose-leaf Accounting: What the Numbers Mean 9e
Accounting has become known as the language of business. This new edition is written to meet the needs of those students who will not be accountants but who do need to understand accounting to learn the key language that embarks us in the business world. Marshall, the leading text in the Survey market, takes readers through the basics: what accounting information is, what it means, and how it is used. The authors help students succeed through clear and concise writing, a conceptual focus and unparalleled technology support. In using this text, students examine financial statements and discover what they do and do not communicate. This enables them to gain the crucial decision-making and problem-solving skills they need in order to succeed in a professional environment.
Table of Contents
1. Accounting—Present and Past
Part 1 Financial Accounting
2. Financial Statements and Accounting Concepts/Principles
3. Fundamental Interpretations Made From Financial Statement Data
4. The Bookkeeping Process and Transaction Analysis
5. Accounting for and Presentation of Current Assets
6. Accounting for and Presentation of Property, Plant and Equipment, and other Noncurrent Assets
7. Accounting for and Presentation of Liabilities
8. Accounting for and Presentation of Stockholders’ Equity
9. The Income Statement and the Statement of Cash Flows
10. Corporate Governance, Notes to the Financial Statements and Other Disclosures
11. Financial Statement Analysis
Part 2 Managerial Accounting
12. Managerial Accounting and Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis
13. Cost Accounting and Reporting
14. Cost Planning
15. Cost Control
16. Costs for Decision Making
Epilogue: Accounting—The Future
Appendix: Excerpts from 2008 Campbell Soup Company Annual Report