The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.
The Rental and eBook copies of this book are not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included. This is true even if the title states it includes any access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.
This powerhouse author team brings their award-winning teaching styles, research, and professional consulting experience to help students’ better understand and use Organizational Behavior to flourish both professionally and personally.
Kinicki/Fugate, Organizational Behavior, 1e uses a conversational writing style with a visually engaging layout to appeal to todays student. This provides a “chunking” of the content and introduces students to what they are about to learn through a “Major Question/Bigger Picture.”
To bring the concepts through to application, Kinicki/Fugate 1e employs a problem-solving approach. This is presented through the “Problem-Solving Applications” (30 total boxed items appearing throughout each chapter) that present a business situation. Students work through these scenarios in the “Your Call” feature—a three-step problem solving approach. These are designed to help students apply concepts and strengthen their problem-solving skills.
The self-assessments are integrated in the content as well as assignable in Connect through the Interactive Application Self-Assessment tool. These have been hand picked and researched by the author team to ensure quality and research-based assessments. With this Self-Assessment tool, students will be able to immediately assess personal characteristics related to Organizational Behavior concepts being discussed in class.
Table of Contents
1. Making OB Work for You: What is OB and Why It’s Important?
2. Values and Work Attitudes: How Do They Affect Work-Related Outcomes?
3. Individual Differences and Emotions: Why Does Who You Are Affect Your Performance?
4. Social Perception and Managing Diversity: Why Are These Topics Essential for Success?
5. Foundation of Employee Motivation: How Can Managers Apply Motivation Theories?
6. Performance Management: How Can You Use Goals, Feedback, Rewards, and Positive Reinforcement to Boost Effectiveness?
7. Positive OB: How Can I Flourish at School, Work, and Home?
8. Groups and Teams: How Can Working with Others Increases Everybody’s Performance?
9. Communication in the Digital Age: How Can I Become a More Effective Communicator?
10. Managing Conflict and Negotiations: How Can These Skills Give You an Ad-vantage?
11. Decision Making and Creativity: How Critical Is It to Master These Skills?
12. Power, Influence, and Politics: How Can You Apply These to Increase Your Effectiveness?
13. Leadership Effectiveness: What Does It Take to Be Effective?
14. Organizational Culture, Socialization, and Mentoring: How Can I Use These Concepts for Competitive Advantage?
15. Organizational Design, Effectiveness, and Innovation: What Can I Do to Affect these Key Processes and Outcomes?
16. Managing Change and Stress: How Can You Apply OB and Show What You’ve Learned?
Epilogue: The General Model of OB: A Summary of What You Have Learned