Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Finn Aaserud, Director, Niels Bohr Archive, Copenhagen, Denmark,John L. Heilbron, Professor of History, Emeritus, University of California, Berkeley; Honorary Fellow, Worcester College, Oxford
Finn Aaserud is Director of the Niels Bohr Archive, Copenhagen.
John L. Heilbron is Professor of History and Vice-Chancellor Emeritus at the University of California, Berkeley, and Honorary Fellow at Worcester College, Oxford.
Table of Contents
Part 1. Niels Bohr's Private Sphere - as revealed through unpublished family correspondence Finn Aaserud
2. Finding each other in Copenhagen
3. Niels in Cambridge
4. Niels in Manchester
5. Beginning married life in Copenhagen
Part 2. Nascent Science - The scientific and psychological background to Bohr's Trilogy J.L. Heilbron
7. Necessary preliminaries
8. Some physics around 1900
9. "Stupid electrons"
10. Indictment of classical physics
11. Odin the lawgiver
12. The Trilogy
13. Bolts from the blue
Part 3. The Trilogy