Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Reveal the relevance of economics through real-world business examples
One of the challenges of teaching Principles of Macroeconomics is fostering interest in concepts that may not seem applicable to students’ lives. Macroeconomics, Fifth Edition makes economics relevant by demonstrating how real businesses use economics to make decisions every day. Regardless of their future career path–opening an art studio, trading on Wall Street, or bartending at the local pub–students will benefit from understanding the economic forces behind their work.
This program provides a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students. It will help you to:
• Personalize learning with MyEconLab: This online homework, tutorial, and assessment program fosters learning and provides tools that help instructors to keep students on track.
• Show students how economics is relevant: Relatable features ground course material in the real world, showing students how these ideas are relevant and facilitating understanding.
• Foster thorough understanding via a flexible, student-focused approach: An engaging, captivating writing style and student-friendly learning aids motivate and engage students.
Note: If you are purchasing the standalone text or electronic version, MyEconLab does not come automatically packaged with the text. To purchase MyEconLab please visit www.myeconlab.com or you can purchase a package of the physical text + MyEconLab by searching for 0133826694 / 9780133826692. MyEconLab is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
Table of Contents
1. Economics: Foundations and Models
2. Trade-offs, Comparative Advantage, and the Market System
3. Where Prices Come From: The Interaction of Demand and Supply
4. Economic Efficiency, Government Price Setting, and Taxes
5. The Economics of Health Care
II. Firms in the Domestic and International Economies
6. Firms, the Stock Market, and Corporate Governance
7. Comparative Advantage and the Gains from International Trade
III. Macroeconomic Foundations and Long-Run Growth
8. GDP: Measuring Total Production and Income
9. Unemployment and Inflation
10. Economic Growth, the Financial System, and Business Cycles
11. Long-Run Economic Growth: Sources and Policies
IV. Short-Run Fluctuations
12. Aggregate Expenditure and Output in the Short Run
13. Aggregate Demand and Aggregate Supply Analysis
V. Monetary and Fiscal Policy
14. Money, Banks, and the Federal Reserve System
15. Monetary Policy
16. Fiscal Policy
17. Inflation, Unemployment, and Federal Reserve Policy
VI. The International Economy
18. Macroeconomics in an Open Economy
19. The International Financial System