Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Georgina Green is a research fellow at the University of York, currently working on the Leverhulme funded project 'Networks of Improvement 1760-1840'.
Table of Contents
Part I: The Political Existence of the People
1. The Right of Resistance and the People out of Doors
2. Assembling the people: John Thelwall and the London Corresponding Society
Part II: The Sovereignty of Justice
3. An American in Paris: Thomas Paine and the politics of the outsider
4. I am the people, myself': Embodying the People and the Letters of Helen Maria Williams
5. William Godwin and the Passive Multitude
Part III: Redeeming the People
6. Vox Populi, Vox Dei: Coleridge's Apologetic Voice of the Peopl
7. Wordsworth and the People as Original Power