Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Georgina Green is a research fellow at the University of York, currently working on the Leverhulme funded project 'Networks of Improvement 1760-1840'.
Table of Contents
Part I: The Political Existence of the People
1. The Right of Resistance and the People out of Doors
2. Assembling the people: John Thelwall and the London Corresponding Society
Part II: The Sovereignty of Justice
3. An American in Paris: Thomas Paine and the politics of the outsider
4. I am the people, myself': Embodying the People and the Letters of Helen Maria Williams
5. William Godwin and the Passive Multitude
Part III: Redeeming the People
6. Vox Populi, Vox Dei: Coleridge's Apologetic Voice of the Peopl
7. Wordsworth and the People as Original Power