Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
This particular guide is a brief competency guide which is focused on Customer Service. Designed to provide trainees with marketable management skills for a career within the Culinary Arts and Foodservice industryThe NRAEF is introducing a new program as part of its strategic focus on recruitment and retention. This new management training certification program is based on a set of competencies defined by the restaurant, foodservice and hospitality industry as those needed for success. NRAEF ManageFirst Program leads to a new credential, ManageFirst Professional (MFP), which is part of our industry career ladder. This competency-based program includes 12 topics, each with a competency guide, exam, instructor resources and certificate. Trainees earn a certificate for each exam passed. Packaged with this book, is also a NEW! Exam Prep Guide.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 The Importance of Customer Service to Your Business
- What the Customer Buys
- What is Customer Service?
- Impact of Customer Service
- Making a Positive Impression
- Completing the Cycle
Chapter 2 Basic Concepts for Higher Quality Customer Service
- Who Is the Customer?
- High-Quality Customer Service
- Systems Management Approach
- The Service-Profit Chain
Chapter 3 Identifying Customer Expectations
- Identifying Internal Customer Expectations
- Determining External Customer Expectations
- Obtaining Feedback from Internal and External Customers
Chapter 4 Ensuring Consistent Customer Service Value
- Proper and Effective Communication with the Customer
- Guest Satisfaction Through Suggestive Selling
- Managing the Pace and Flow of Service
- Service Recovery
Chapter 5 Ensuring Profit
- Proper Procedures for Accepting Payment
- Security Issues Dealing with Credit or Debit Card Payments
- Point-of-Sales Issues Affecting Profit
- To-Go, Delivery, and Drive-Through Orders