More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Usually Ships in 3-5 Business Days
Currently Available, Usually Ships in 24-48 Hours
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
This is the 1st edition with a publication date of 10/1/2008.
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to inclue any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
This particular guide is a brief competency guide which is focused on Customer Service. Designed to provide trainees with marketable management skills for a career within the Culinary Arts and Foodservice industryThe NRAEF is introducing a new program as part of its strategic focus on recruitment and retention. This new management training certification program is based on a set of competencies defined by the restaurant, foodservice and hospitality industry as those needed for success. NRAEF ManageFirst Program leads to a new credential, ManageFirst Professional (MFP), which is part of our industry career ladder. This competency-based program includes 12 topics, each with a competency guide, exam, instructor resources and certificate. Trainees earn a certificate for each exam passed. Packaged with this book, is also a NEW! Exam Prep Guide.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 The Importance of Customer Service to Your Business
- What the Customer Buys
- What is Customer Service
- Impact of Customer Service
- Making a Positive Impression
- Completing the Cycle
Chapter 2 Basic Concepts for Higher Quality Customer Service
- Who Is the Customer?
- High-Quality Customer Service
- Systems Management Approach
- The Service-Profit Chain
Chapter 3 Identifying Customer Expectations
- Identifying Internal Customer Expectations
- Determining External Customer Expectations
- Obtaining Feedback from Internal and External Customers
Chapter 4 Ensuring Consistent Customer Service Value
- Proper and Effective Communication with the Customer
- Guest Satisfaction Through Suggestive Selling
- Managing the Pace and Flow of Service
- Service Recovery
Chapter 5 Ensuring Profit
- Proper Procedures for Accepting Payment
- Security Issues Dealing with Credit or Debit Card Payments
- Point-of-Sales Issues Affecting Profit
- To-Go, Delivery, and Drive-Through Orders