Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Directed primarily toward undergraduate Management or Business college/university majors, this text also provides practical content to current and aspiring industry professionals.
This bestselling text vividly illustrates management theories by incorporating the perspectives of real-life managers. Throughout this text, readers will see and experience management in action, helping them understand how the concepts they’re reading about work in today’s business world.
Table of Contents
I. INTRODUCTION TO MANAGEMENT
1. Management and Organizations
Module. Management History
2. Understanding Management’s Context: Constraints and Challenges
Management Practice - Part I
II. INTEGRATIVE MANAGERIAL ISSUES
3. Managing in a Global Environment
4. Managing Diversity
5. Managing Social Responsibility and Ethics
Management Practice - Part II
III. DECISION MAKING AND CHANGE
6. Managers as Decision Makers
7. Managing Change and Innovation
Management Practice - Part III
IV. PLANNING AND CONTROL
8. Foundations of Planning
9. Strategic Management
10. Managerial Controls
Module. Planning and Control Techniques
Module. Managing Operations
Management Practice - Part IV
11. Basic Organizational Design
12. Adaptive Organizational Design
13. Managing Human Resources
Module. Managing Your Career
14. Managing Teams
Management Practice - Part V
15. Understanding Individual Behavior
16. Managers and Communication
17. Motivating Employees
18. Managers as Leaders
Management Practice - Part VI
Appendix - Managing Entrepreneurial Ventures