In Management of Retinal Vein Occlusion, Dr. Seenu Hariprasad is joined by multiple section editors to provide this easy-to-read and nicely formatted resource, which is divided into organized sections:
• Background: The epidemiology, risk factors, and classification of RVO
• History: Seven large clinical trials involving RVO and the pros and cons of earlier treatment modalities
• Anti-VEGF Therapies: The rationale and outcomes of large clinical trials
• Corticosteroid Therapies: The rational and outcomes of various steroid treatment modalities
• Imaging: Case presentations and emerging technology that highlights the relationship between peripheral ischemia and macular edema
• Difficult cases: Combination therapies, management of recalcitrant cases, and surgical approaches for cases that do not respond to standard management
• Future of RVO: A summary overview of the subject and future directions
With an unparalleled list of contributors that are leaders in the retina field, Management of Retinal Vein Occlusion goes beyond the conclusions of clinical trials and delves deeper into practical recommendations for patient management in daily practice.
With abundant illustrations, fundus photographs, concise tables, and summary boxes that enhance the written text, Management of Retinal Vein Occlusion: Current Concepts is a valuable resource.