Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Prepare your students to deliver safe, effective, and informed care for patients who are undergoing diagnostic tests and procedures with the Ninth Edition of A Manual of Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests. Organized the way a nurse thinks—by specimen and function—this proven book describes an extensive array of tests for diverse populations, providing step-by-step guidance on correct procedure, tips for accurate interpretation, and expert information on patient preparation and aftercare.
Featuring additional tests, updated reference values, and coverage of the latest advances in CT scans, nuclear scans, and genetics, this edition maintains the organization and coverage that have made it the ideal reference and point-of-care guide for educational and practice settings.
This Ninth Edition is accompanied by a complete online teaching and learning package that includes case studies for application, a wide range of in-class activities and assignments, and Blackboard and WebCT cartridges for course management.
- Prepare for practice with tests grouped according to specimen, function, and test type (blood, urine, stool, cerebrospinal fluid, etc.).
- Learn vital information to keep in mind when implementing tests with “Clinical Alerts” that highlight critical safety information.
- Easily find the test you’re looking for even if you don’t know the exact name with a presentation that supports the way a nurse thinks.
- Master key information with helpful tips, inclusion of both conventional and SI units, and coverage of clinical implications for increased and decreased values.
Table of Contents
Chapter 2: Blood Studies: Hematology and Coagulation
Chapter 3: Urine Studies
Chapter 4: Stool Studies
Chapter 5: Cerebrospinal Fluid Studies
Chapter 6: Chemistry Studies
Chapter 7: Microbiologic Studies
Chapter 8: Immunodiagnostic Studies
Chapter 9: Nuclear Medicine Studies
Chapter 10: X-Ray Studies
Chapter 11: Cytologic, Histologic, and Genetic Studies
Chapter 12: Endoscopic Studies
Chapter 13: Ultrasound Studies
Chapter 14: Pulmonary Function, Arterial Blood Gases (ABGs), and Electrolyte Studies
Chapter 15: Prenatal Diagnosis and Tests of Fetal Well-Being
Chapter 16: Special Diagnostic, Special Specimen Collection, and Postmortem Studies
Appendix A: Standard Precautions for Prevention and Control of Infection
Appendix B: Guidelines for Specimen Transport and Storage
Appendix C: Vitamins in Human Nutrition
Appendix D: Minerals in Human Nutrition
Appendix E: Effects of Drugs on Laboratory Tests (Blood, “Whole” Plasma, Serum, Stool, and Urine)