ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
-- Changes, Choices, and Constraints
Marriages and Families, Census Update, 7e offers students a comprehensive introduction to many issues facing families in the twenty-first century.
The text’s major theme, “Changes, Choices, and Constraints,” explores: contemporary changes in families and their structure, impacts on the choices available to family members, and constraints that often limit our choices. Through this approach, students are better able to understand what the research and statistics mean for themselves.
Marriages and Families, Census Update balances theoretical and empirical discussions with practical examples and applications. It highlights important contemporary changes in society and the family. This text is written from a sociological perspective and incorporates material from other disciplines: history, economics, social work, psychology, law, biology, medicine, family studies, women's studies, and anthropology.
The Census Update program incorporates 2010 Census data into a course–simply and easily. The components of the Census Update Program include an updated census edition with all charts and graphs–to reflect the results of the 2010 Census. In addition, A Short Introduction to the U.S. Census is available and an updated MyFamilyLab.
Teaching & Learning Experience
- Personalize Learning –MyFamilyLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinking – Feature questions encourage students to reflect on chapter studies and relate them to personal experience.
- Engage Students – Current research relates to the students’ own lives.
- Explore Theory – Written from a sociological perspective and incorporates material from other disciplines.
- Support Instructors – MyFamilyLab enables instructors to assess student progress and adapt course material to meet the specific needs of the class.
0205968104 / 9780205968107 Marriages and Families Census Update Plus MySocLab with eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of
0205006736 / 9780205006731 Marriages and Families Census Update
0205669174 / 9780205669172 MySocLab with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card