More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
Renting is easy, fast, and cheap! Renting from eCampus.com can save you hundreds of dollars compared to the cost of new or used books each semester. At the end of the semester, simply ship the book back to us with a free UPS shipping label! No need to worry about selling it back.
How do rental returns work?
Returning books is as easy as possible. As your rental due date approaches, we will email you several courtesy reminders. When you are ready to return, you can print a free UPS shipping label from our website at any time. Then, just return the book to your UPS driver or any staffed UPS location. You can even use the same box we shipped it in!
What version or edition is this?
This is the 6th edition with a publication date of 2/21/2010.
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Martin's Physical Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences is considered the most comprehensive text available on the application of the physical, chemical and biological principles in the pharmaceutical sciences. It helps students, teachers, researchers, and industrial pharmaceutical scientists use elements of biology, physics, and chemistry in their work and study. Since the first edition was published in 1960, the text has been and continues to be a required text for the core courses of Pharmaceutics, Drug Delivery, and Physical Pharmacy. The Sixth Edition features expanded content on drug delivery, solid oral dosage forms, pharmaceutical polymers and pharmaceutical biotechnology, and updated sections to cover advances in nanotechnology.
Table of Contents
1. Interpretive Tools 2. States of Matter 3. Thermodynamics 4. Physical Properties of Molecules 5. Nonelectrolytes 6. Electrolyte Solutions 7. Ionic Equilibria 8. Buffered and Isotonic Solutions 9. Solubility and Distribution Phenomena 10. Complexation and Protein Binding 11. Diffusion 12. Biopharmaceutics 13. Drug Release and Dissolution 14. Chemical Kinetics and Stability 15. Interfacial Phenomena 16. Colloidal Dispersions 17. Coarse Dispersions 18. Micromeritics 19. Rheology 20. Pharmaceutical Polymers 21. Pharmaceutical Biotechnology 22. Oral Solid Dosage Forms 23. Drug Delivery Systems and Nanotechnology