Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
The complete, detailed reference and tutorial for AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014
AutoCAD Civil 3D is the industry-leading civil engineering software, and this authoritative Autodesk Official Press book has been completely updated to offer you the latest tips, tricks, and techniques of this dynamic engineering program. Packed with new, real-world examples and practical tutorials, this book takes advantage of the authors' extensive experience and Civil 3D expertise, which allows them to share best practices and methods for creating, editing, displaying, labeling and presenting real-world civil engineering projects.
- Features a new, expanded section on advanced survey tools
- Offers in-depth, detailed coverage of surveying, points, alignments, surfaces, profiles, corridors, grading, LandXML and LDT Project Transfer, cross sections, pipe networks, visualization, sheets, and project management
- Includes valuable content to help prepare you for the Civil 3D certification exams as well as downloadable datasets
- Shares the most up-to-date topics and techniques of the real world to help prepare you for what you can expect
This comprehensive reference and tutorial is essential reading for gaining a thorough understanding of the key concepts of this engineering software.
Louisa Holland is a civil engineer who has been training Civil 3D users since 2006. She has worked extensively with the WisDOT, Caltrans, and various consultants on Civil 3D implementations. Louisa is an Autodesk Approved Instructor (AAI), an AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional, and a regular speaker at Autodesk University (AU), AUGI, and other industry events. Cyndy Davenport has 27 years of experience in the land development industry and multiple Civil 3D certifications. She speaks regularly at AU and blogs at c3dcougar.typepad.com. Eric Chappell, EIT, is a Civil 3D consultant and award-winning trainer with more than 20 years of experience in the civil engineering field. He is the author of Civil 3D 2014 Essentials, a developer of Autodesk certification materials, a highly rated AU speaker, and an Autodesk Certified Instructor. He blogs at ericchappell.blogspot.com.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 • The Basics
Chapter 2 • Survey
Chapter 3 • Points
Chapter 4 • Surfaces
Chapter 5 • Parcels
Chapter 6 • Alignments
Chapter 7 • Profiles and Profile Views
Chapter 8 • Assemblies and Subassemblies
Chapter 9 • Custom Subassemblies
Chapter 10 • Basic Corridors
Chapter 11 • Advanced Corridors, Intersections, and Roundabouts
Chapter 12 • Superelevation
Chapter 13 • Cross Sections and Mass Haul
Chapter 14 • Pipe Networks
Chapter 15 • Storm and Sanitary Analysis
Chapter 16 • Grading
Chapter 17 • Plan Production
Chapter 18 • Advanced Workflows
Chapter 19 • Quantity Takeoff
Chapter 20 • Label Styles
Chapter 21 • Object Styles
Appendix A • The Bottom Line
Appendix B • Autodesk Civil 3D Certification