The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.
The Used and eBook copies of this book are not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included. This is true even if the title states it includes any access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.
McGraw-Hill’s Taxation Series continues to provide a unique, innovative, and engaging learning experience for students studying taxation. The breadth of the topical coverage, the storyline approach to presenting the material, the emphasis on the tax and nontax consequences of multiple parties involved in transactions, and the integration of financial and tax accounting topics make this book ideal for the modern tax curriculum.
Table of Contents
Part I: Intro to Taxation
1. An Introduction to Tax
2. Tax Compliance, the IRS, and Tax Authorities
3. Tax Planning Strategies and Related Limitations
Part II: Basic Individual Taxation
4. Individual Tax Overview, Exemptions, and Filing Status
5. Gross Income and Exclusions
6. Individual Deductions
7. Individual Income Tax Computation and Tax Credits
Part III: Business and Investment–Related Transactions
8. Business Income, Deductions, and Accounting Methods
9. Property Acquisition and Cost Recovery
10. Property Dispositions
Part IV: Specialized Topics
13. Retirement Savings and Deferred Compensation
14. Tax Consequences of Home Ownership
Part V: Entity Overview and Taxation of C Corporations