Usually Ships in 3-5 Business Days
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
This is the edition with a publication date of 8/24/2013.
What is included with this book?
Stefano Predelli is a professor at the University of Nottingham. His previous publications include Contexts: Meaning, Truth, and the Use of Language (OUP, 2005), a variety of essays on indexicality, contextualism, relativism, and proper names, and, outside of philosophical semantics, papers on musical ontology.
Table of Contents
2. The Vagaries of Use, Part One
3. The Vagaries of Use, Part Two
4. An Introduction to Non Truth-Conditional Meaning
5. Register and Other Non Truth-Conditional Phenomena
6. Derogatory Slurs
7. Towards a Logic for 'Alas'
8. Vocatives: Obstinacy and Recruitment
9. Semaphores and Giorgione
10. Davidsonian Quotation
11. Demonstratives and Demonstrations
12. Obstinacy and Reflexivity