Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Stefano Predelli is a professor at the University of Nottingham. His previous publications include Contexts: Meaning, Truth, and the Use of Language (OUP, 2005), a variety of essays on indexicality, contextualism, relativism, and proper names, and, outside of philosophical semantics, papers on musical ontology.
Table of Contents
2. The Vagaries of Use, Part One
3. The Vagaries of Use, Part Two
4. An Introduction to Non Truth-Conditional Meaning
5. Register and Other Non Truth-Conditional Phenomena
6. Derogatory Slurs
7. Towards a Logic for 'Alas'
8. Vocatives: Obstinacy and Recruitment
9. Semaphores and Giorgione
10. Davidsonian Quotation
11. Demonstratives and Demonstrations
12. Obstinacy and Reflexivity