Usually Ships in 3-5 Business Days
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
Renting is easy, fast, and cheap! Renting from eCampus.com can save you hundreds of dollars compared to the cost of new or used books each semester. At the end of the semester, simply ship the book back to us with a free UPS shipping label! No need to worry about selling it back.
How do rental returns work?
Returning books is as easy as possible. As your rental due date approaches, we will email you several courtesy reminders. When you are ready to return, you can print a free UPS shipping label from our website at any time. Then, just return the book to your UPS driver or any staffed UPS location. You can even use the same box we shipped it in!
What version or edition is this?
This is the edition with a publication date of 8/24/2013.
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Stefano Predelli is a professor at the University of Nottingham. His previous publications include Contexts: Meaning, Truth, and the Use of Language (OUP, 2005), a variety of essays on indexicality, contextualism, relativism, and proper names, and, outside of philosophical semantics, papers on musical ontology.
Table of Contents
2. The Vagaries of Use, Part One
3. The Vagaries of Use, Part Two
4. An Introduction to Non Truth-Conditional Meaning
5. Register and Other Non Truth-Conditional Phenomena
6. Derogatory Slurs
7. Towards a Logic for 'Alas'
8. Vocatives: Obstinacy and Recruitment
9. Semaphores and Giorgione
10. Davidsonian Quotation
11. Demonstratives and Demonstrations
12. Obstinacy and Reflexivity