Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
This extensively updated text and reference illuminates the modern realities of planning and constructing buildings with efficient, sustainable mechanical and electrical systems. Throughout, the authors place mechanical and electrical systems design in the overall context of the built environment. They extensively address engineers’ teamwork with architects, owners, and facility managers to provide high-quality, productive environments which reflect both environmental and cost concerns. Focusing on the “what,” “why,” and “how” of ME systems, they incorporate new developments in all major disciplines, including electrical, lighting, telecom, plumbing and HVAC. New coverage in this edition includes: HVAC design using VRF and chilled beam technologies; energy reclaim systems; dedicated outside air systems; assessment of solar thermal system efficiency; new fuel cell technology; updates on the economics of cogeneration, and much more.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Mechanical and Electrical Systems: Energy, Sustainability, and Economics
2. HVAC Fundamentals
3. HVAC Delivery Systems
4. Cooling Production Equipment and Systems
5. Heating Production Equipment and Systems
6. Air-Handling Equipment and Systems
7. Piping Equipment and Systems
8. Plumbing Equipment and Systems
9. Fire Protection Equipment and Systems
10. Introduction to Electricity
11. Power Equipment and Systems
12. Communications, Life Safety, and Security Systems
13. Electrical Design and Wiring
14. Light and Lighting
15. Lighting Equipment and Systems
16. Calculations of Illumination
17. Lighting Design
18. Noise and Vibrations in Mechanical and Electrical Systems
19. Architectural Accommodation and Coordination of Mechanical and Electrical Systems
Appendix A. Glossary of Terms, Acronyms, and Abbreviations
Appendix B. Glossary of Technical Organizations
Appendix C. Units and Conversion of Quantities