Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
Section 1: Introduction to Medical Coding
1. The Field of Medical Coding
2. Coding Systems, Medical Records, HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules
Section 2: Introduction to ICD-9-CM and ICD-10 Coding
3. Introduction to ICD-9-CM Coding
4. Coding Conventions and General Coding Guidelines
5. Diagnostic Coding and Reporting Guidelines for Outpatient Services
6. Introduction to ICD-10-CM Coding
Section 3: ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM Coding
7. V Codes
8. E Codes, Injuries, and Burns
9. Infectious and Parasitic Diseases/Endocrine, Blood, and Nervous System Disorders
10. Mental Disorders; Respiratory, Digestive, Genitourinary, Skin, and Musculoskeletal System Disorders
11. Diseases of the Circulatory System
13. Signs, Symptoms, Ill-Defined Conditions, Surgical/Medical Complications
14. Complications of Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Puerperium, Perinatal Conditions, Congenital Anomalies
15. Inpatient Coding, Medicare Reimbursement
16. Inpatient Hospital Procedures ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-PCS
Section 4: CPT-4 and HCPCS Coding, and Coding with Modifiers
17. Introduction to CPT-4 and HCPCS Coding
18. Coding with Modifiers
Section 5: Evaluation and Management (E/M) Coding and Anesthesia Coding
19. Evaluation and Management (E/M) Coding
20. Anesthesia Coding
Section 6: Surgery Coding
21. Introduction to Surgery Coding
22. Integumentary System
23. Musculoskeletal System
24. Respiratory System
25. Cardiovascular System
26. Hemic and Lymphatic Systems, Mediastinum, and Diaphragm
27. Digestive System
28. Urinary and Male Genital System
29. Female Genital System, Maternity Care, and Delivery
30. Endocrine and Nervous Systems
31. Eye and Ocular Adnexa, Auditory System, and Operating Microscope
Section 7: Radiology, Pathology and Laboratory, Medicine Coding, and Coding with HCPCS
33. Pathology and Laboratory
34. Medicine Coding
35. Coding with HCPCS
Section 8: Professionalism
36. Professionalism and Patient Relations
A. ICD-9-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting; ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting; 1995 and 1997 Documentation Guidelines for Evaluation and Management Services
B. Table 6-5 from Chapter 6 – Differences between ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM Guidelines
C. Normal Lab Values and Vital Signs
D. HCPCS Modifiers