Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
PART 1. EMERGENCY PREPARATION
2. The Emergency Kit
3. Vital Signs and Hypertensive Urgency and Emergency
4. Oxygen Administration
PART 2. NEUROLOGICAL EMERGENCIES
8. Seizure Disorders
9. Cerebrovascular Accident
PART 3. CARDIAC EMERGENCIES
10. Angina Pectoris and Myocardial Infarction
11. Heart Failure and Acute Pulmonary Edema
12. Cardiac Pacemaker and Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator Malfunction
PART 4. RESPIRATORY EMERGENCIES
14. Obstructed Airway, Aspiration or Ingestion of a Foreign Object
15. Allergic Reactions
PART 5. ENDOCRINE EMERGENCIES
16. Diabetes-Related Emergencies
17. Adrenal Insufficiency and Crisis
18. Thyroid Emergencies
PART 6. BLEEDING EMERGENCIES
20. Excessive Bleeding Following an Extraction
PART 7. OTHER EMERGENCIES
21. Intraocular Foreign Body
22. Broken Instrument Tip
23. Drug Overdose and Toxicity
Appendix. Medical Emergencies at a Glance