Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Now in its Third Edition, Medical Language has touched the lives of more people than any other medical terminology book. This intensely visual, powerfully relevant book is organized to promote exceptionally effective instruction and maximum student success. Fully updated to cover the field’s newest terminology, this edition retains a deep focus on word building, and enhances teaching and learning in many ways -- including a state-of-the-art immersive online study experience. Its appealing, uncluttered design contains hundreds of rich images and plenty of white space for easy reading and note taking. Student learning is promoted through an unsurpassed quantity and variety of exercises, more colorful, interesting, and large illustrations, and – as requested by most instructors – an intuitive organization around medical specialties. In addition to content updates throughout, this edition is complemented by a brand new set of Dynamic Lectures: comprehensive audio/visual learning experiences narrated by the author.
013344449X / 9780133444490 Medical Language Plus NEW MyMedicalTerminologyLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0133346838 / 9780133346831 Medical Language
0133355721 / 9780133355727 NEW MyMedicalTerminologyLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Medical Language
Table of Contents
PART I. INTRODUCTION TO MEDICAL LANGUAGE
1. The Structure of Medical Language
2. The Body in Health and Disease
PART II MEDICAL SPECIALTIES AND BODY SYSTEMS
3. Gastroenterology • Gastrointestinal System
4. Pulmonology • Respiratory System
5. Cardiology • Cardiovascular System
6. Hematology and Immunology • Blood and Lymphatic System
7. Dermatology • Integumentary System
8. Orthopedics • Skeletal System
9. Orthopedics • Muscular System
10. Neurology • Nervous System
11. Urology • Urinary System
12. Male Reproductive Medicine • Male Genitourinary System
13. Gynecology and Obstetrics • Female Genital and Reproductive System
14. Endocrinology • Endocrine System
15. Ophthalmology • Eye
16. Otolaryngology • Ears, Nose, and Throat
PART III. OTHER MEDICAL SPECIALTIES
19. Radiology and Nuclear Medicine
APPENDIX A. Glossary of Medical Word Parts: Combining Forms, Prefixes, and Suffixes
APPENDIX B. Glossary of Medical Abbreviations