Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
The proven guide to learning medical vocabulary–now offering even more opportunities to learn, practice, and connect up-to-date vocabulary with real healthcare clients and careers.
This comprehensive, proven text offers a logical, simple system for learning medical vocabulary primarily by building terms from word parts. Medical Terminology for Health Care Professionals, 8/e first introduces medical terminology and its essential suffixes and prefixes; then guides students logically through each key body system, working from the outside in, and from simple systems to complex. Additional specialty chapters cover oncology, radiology/nuclear medicine, and more; this edition's mental health chapter is fully revised for DSM-5, published May 2013. Every chapter is built around a color-coded word list showing how word parts are built, pronounced, and defined. Most pages also contain vibrant images, including anatomically precise drawings, authentic medical photos, and engaging labeling activities. Updated throughout, this Eighth Edition’s new features include: Combining Forms tables with meanings; streamlined and improved discussions of anatomy; Rule Reminders; integrated Study and Review Exercise sections throughout each system chapter; new case study vignettes; Practical Application Exercises using modern EHR records; and many new images.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This text will help health professionals quickly master the modern terminology of healthcare, and master techniques for decoding any new term, in any area of healthcare, throughout their careers. Its key differentiators include:
- Intuitive "word parts" approach to building medical vocabulary: A step-by-step approach proven to build both mastery and confidence in students with a wide range of backgrounds and goals
- Innovative pedagogy, including extensive opportunities to deepen understanding through practice (both print and online): Provides everything from EHR-based application exercises to pronunciation guides and Spanish-language translators
- Broad coverage that goes far beyond many medical terminology books: Includes coverage of topics ranging from cancer to mental illness, anatomy and physiology to lifespan considerations, thereby preparing students to enter a wider spectrum of careers
0133807703 / 9780133807707 Medical Terminology for Health Care Professionals Plus NEW MyMedicalTerminologyLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0133429547 / 9780133429541 Medical Terminology for Health Care Professionals
0133447138 / 9780133447132 NEW MyMedicalTerminologyLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Medical Terminology for Health Care Professionals
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Medical Terminology
4. Organization of the Body
5. Integumentary System
6. Skeletal System
7. Muscular System
8. Digestive System
9. Cardiovascular System
10. Blood and Lymphatic System
11. Respiratory System
12. Urinary System
13. Endocrine System
14. Nervous System
15. Special Senses: The Ear
16. Special Senses: The Eye
17. Female Reproductive System with an Overview of Obstetrics
18. Male Reproductive System
20. Radiology and Nuclear Medicine
21. Mental Health
Appendix II. Glossary of Word Parts
Appendix III. Abbreviations and Symbols
Appendix IV. Laboratory Reference Values