Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Using a consistent, logical, and step-by-step approach, MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY: A LIVING LANGUAGE, 5/e introduces students to the anatomy and physiology of body systems and the corresponding medical terms related to them. For each body system, broad coverage of anatomy, physiology, pathology, diagnostic procedures, treatment procedures, and pharmacology is provided. The author emphasizes both terms built from Latin and Greek word parts, and modern English terms, helping students develop a full working word part vocabulary they can use to interpret any new term. This edition contains many new terms, and has been reorganized for more efficient learning. To eliminate confusion, Word Building tables have been removed from each chapter and the terms have been distributed throughout the pathology, diagnostic procedure, and treatment procedure tables, where they are more immediately relevant to students.
This package contains these components:
|0132843471||Medical Terminology: A Living Language|
|0133484505||NEW MyMedicalTerminologyLab -- Access Card-- for Medical Terminology: A Living Language|
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Medical Terminology
2. Body Organization
3. Integumentary System
4. Musculoskeletal System
5. Cardiovascular System
6. Blood and the Lymphatic and Immune Systems
7. Respiratory System
8. Digestive System
9. Urinary System
10. Reproductive System
11. Endocrine System
12. Nervous System
13. Special Senses: The Eye and Ear
14. Special Topics
Chapter Review Answers