Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
Guido Pennings is Professor of Ethics and Bioethics at Ghent University, Belgium. He is also Affiliate Lecturer in the Faculty of Politics, Psychology, Sociology and International Studies at Cambridge University, UK, and Guest Professor at the Faculty of Medicine and Pharmaceutical Sciences of the Free University Brussels, Belgium. He has published approximately 180 articles in international journals and books.
Tomas Mainil is Lecturer and Researcher at Breda University of Applied Sciences, The Netherlands. He is responsible for the Research Unit 'Transnational health care in sending and receiving contexts' at the Centre for Cross-Cultural Understanding and is a Researcher at the Research Centre for Longitudinal and Life Course Studies (CELLO), University of Antwerp, Belgium.
Table of Contents
2. Sickness, Health, Tourism and the Ever Present Threat of Death: Nineteenth Century Spa and Seasonal Travel; David M. Bruce
3. A Way through the Maze: Exploring Differences and Overlaps between Wellness and Medical Tourism Providers; Cornelia Voigt and Jennifer H. Laing
4. Caring For Non-Residents in Barbados: Examining the Implications of Inbound Transnational Medical Care for Public and Private Health Care; Jeremy Snyder, Valorie A. Crooks, Leigh Turner, Rory Johnston, Henry Fraser, Laura Kadowaki, Mary Choi and Krystyna Adams
5. Tourists with Severe Disability; Angie Luther
6. Beauty and the Beach: Mapping Cosmetic Surgery Tourism; Ruth Holliday, Kate Hardy, David Bell, Emily Hunter, Meredith Jones, Elpseth Probyn and Jacqueline Sanchez Taylor
7. Cross-Border Reproductive Care around the World: Recent Controversies; Wannes Van Hoof and Guido Pennings
8. Transplant Tourism; Thomas D. Schiano and Rosamond Rhodes
9. The European Cross-Border Patient as both Citizen and Consumer: Public Health and Health System Implications; Tomas Mainil, Matt Commers and Kai Michelsen
10. Canadian Medical Travel Companies and the Globalization of Healthcare; Leigh Turner
11. The Ethical Management of Medical Tourism; Guido Pennings
12. Habermas, Transnational Health Care and Cross-Culturalism; Tomas Mainil, Vincent Platenkamp and Herman Meulemans
13. The Impact of Medical Tourism in Low- And Middle-Income Countries; Melisa Martínez Álvarez, Richard D. Smith and Rupa Chanda
14. The Impact of the Internet on Medical Tourism; Daniel Horsfall, Neil Lunt, Hannah King, Johanna Hanefeld and Richard D. Smith
15. Towards a Model of Sustainable Health Destination Management Based On Health Regions; Tomas Mainil, Keith Dinnie, David Botterill, Vincent Platenkamp, Francis van Loon and Herman Meulemans