More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
This is the 2nd edition with a publication date of 3/1/2013.
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
The Member States of the European Unioncombines an analysis of individual EU member states with the effects of Europeanization on domestic institutions and policies. Examining both sides of this crucial relationship, it is the best guide to EU member state relations available. The second edition has been thoroughly updated to take in the latest round of EU enlargement and includes chapters on eight member states from different geographical regions and dates of accession. These are followed by seven thematic chapters on the Europeanization of structures, actors, and processes within the EU 27. Each chapter is written by an international expert in an acessible and engaging way. It is the ideal text for all those with an interest in the member states of the European Union and how they work together.
Table of Contents
1. The European Union and its Member States: An Overview, Simon Bulmer & Christian Lequesne
Part 1 Analysis
2. Europeanization: Concept, Theory and Methods, Paolo R. Graziano and Maarten P. Vink
Part 2 The Member States
3. Genuine Europeanization or Monnet for Nothing?, Olivier Rozenberg
4. Germany: In Search of a New Balance, Timm Beichelt
5. The United Kingdom: Towards Isolation and a Parting of the Ways?, David Allen
6. Spain: Modernization through Europeanization, Francesc Morata
7. Sweden: From Scepticism to Pragmatic Support, Anna Michalski
8. Poland: An Awkward Partner Redeemed, Nathaniel Copsey
9. Estonia: Excelling at Self-Exertion, Piret Ehin
10. Romania: Uneven Europeanization, Dimitris Papadimitriou and David Phinnemore
11. Contrasting States of Europeanization, Simon Bulmer and Christian Lequesne
Part 3 Europeanization
12. Europeanization and Member State Institutions, Hussein Kassim
13. Europeanization and Political Parties, Robert Ladrech
14. The Europeanization of Interest Groups and Social Movements, Sabine Saurugger
15. The Europeanization of Member State Policy, Simon Bulmer and Claudio M. Radaelli
16. Europeanization and Sub-national Authorities, Peter Bursens
17. The Europeanization of National Economies, Vivien A. Schmidt
Conclusion, Simon Bulmer and Christian Lequesne