Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Microbiology with Diseases by Taxonomyby Bauman, Robert W., Ph.D.
step-by-step solutions for this book.
Questions About This Book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
His research interests have included the morphology and ecology of freshwater algae, the cell biology of marine algae (particularly the deposition of cell walls and intercellular communication), and environmentally triggered chromogenesis in butterflies. He is a member of the American Society of Microbiology (ASM), Texas Community College Teacher's Association (TCCTA), American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), and The Lepidopterist's Society. When he is not writing books, he enjoys spending time with his family: gardening, hiking, camping, playing games (with lots of laughter), and reading classics out loud by a crackling fire.
Table of Contents
2. The Chemistry of Microbiology
3. Cell Structure and Function
4. Microscopy, Staining and Classification
5. Microbial Metabolism
6. Microbial Nutrition and Growth
7. Microbial Genetics
8. Recombinant DNA Technology
9. Controlling Microbial Growth in the Environment
10. Controlling Microbial Growth in the Body: Antimicrobial Drugs
11. Characterizing and Classifying Prokaryotes
12. Characterizing and Classifying Eukaryotes
13. Characterizing and Classifying Viruses, Viroids, and Prions
14. Infection, Infectious Disease, and Epidemiology
15. Innate Immunity
16. Adaptive Immunity
17. Immunization and Immune Testing
18. Immune Disorders
19. Pathogenic Gram-Positive Bacteria
20. Pathogenic Gram-Negative Cocci and Bacilli
21. Rickettsias, Chlamydias, Spirochetes, and Vibrios
22. Pathogenic Fungi
23. Parasitic Protozoa, Helminths, and Arthropod Vectors
24. Pathogenic DNA Viruses
25. Pathogenic RNA Viruses
26. Applied and Environmental Microbiology