The most complete, current guide to semiconductor processing
Fully revised to cover the latest advances in the field, Microchip Fabrication, Sixth Edition explains every stage of semiconductor processing, from raw material preparation to testing to packaging and shipping the finished device. This practical resource provides easy-to-understand information on the physics, chemistry, and electronic fundamentals underlying the sophisticated manufacturing materials and processes of modern semiconductors.
State-of-the-art processes and cutting-edge technologies used in the patterning, doping, and layering steps are discussed in this new edition. Filled with detailed illustrations and real-world examples, this is a comprehensive, up-to-date introduction to the technological backbone of the high-tech industry.
- The semiconductor industry
- Properties of semiconductor materials and chemicals
- Crystal growth and silicon wafer preparation
- Wafer fabrication and packaging
- Contamination control
- Productivity and process yields
- The ten-step patterning process--surface preparation to exposure; developing to final inspection
- Next generation lithography
- Layer deposition
- Process and device evaluation
- The business of wafer fabrication
- Devices and integrated circuit formation
- Integrated circuits