Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Matthew Soteriou is a Professor of Philosophy at the University of Warwick. His main research interests are in the philosophy of mind, the philosophy of action, and epistemology, with a particular focus on perception, mental action and the ontology of mind. He is currently Editor of the Aristotelian Society.
Table of Contents
Part I. Sensory Consciousness
1. The Manifest Image of Sensory Consciousness
2. Occurrence, State, Content, and Character
3. The Phenomenology and Ontology of Bodily Sensation
4. Temporal Transparency and Perceptual Acquaintance
5. Structural Features of Perceptual Acquaintance
6. Conscious Contact with Time and the Continuity of Consciousness
7. Perceptual Imagination and Perceptual Recollection
8. Introspection and Knowing What it's like
Part II. Conscious Thinking
9. The Place of Mental Action in the Metaphysics of Mind
10. The Ontology of Conscious Thinking
11. 'The mind uses its own freedom': Suppositional Reasoning and Self-Critical Reflection
12. Mental Action, Autonomy, and the Perspective of Practical Reason
13. Intention-in-Action and the Epistemology of Mind
14. Reconsidering the Place of Mental action in the Metaphysics of Mind
15. Thinking and Belief