Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 PLAGIARISM
Chapter 2 FINDING AND EVALUATING SOURCES
The Physical Library
The Electronic Library
Evaluating Print Sources
Evaluating Electronic sources
Chapter 3 CITING SOURCES IN ACADEMIC WRITING
In-Text Citations–The Three Rules of Form and Format
1. Citing a Single Source by One Author
2. Citing Multiple Sources by One Author
3. Punctuating and Formatting Citations
Paraphrase and Direct Quotes
How to Cite:
Works by One Author
Two or More Works by One Author
Works with Multiple Authors, Volume Numbers, or Corporate Author
Anonymous Author & Entire Work
Work from an Anthology & an Indirect Source
Multiple References within a Citation--Authors with Same Last Name
Editions of Well Known Literary Works
One Page Sources, Dictionaries & Encyclopedias
Personal Communications, Interviews, and Sacred Texts
Oral and Electronic Presentations
Tables, Illustrations, and Footnotes or Endnotes
Chapter 4 SAMPLE STUDENT ESSAY
Main Essay & In-text Samples
Works Cited Page Example
Chapter 5 CREATING A WORKS CITED PAGE
How to Create a Works Cited Entry for:
One, Two, or Multiple Authors
Translated and Edited Works, Introductions, Prefaces, etc.
Collected Works of One Author or Two or More Books by One Author
Republished Book, Title Within a Title, and Corporate Author
Pseudonyms, Anonymous Authors, and Graphic Novels
Anthologies, Series, and Multivolume Works
Sacred Texts, Dictionaries, & Encyclopedias
Newspaper Article, Editorial, & Review
Popular Magazines and Journals
Monthly, Two or More Months, & Quarterly Publications
Scholarly Journals, Volume and Issue Numbers
Continuous versus Separate Pagination
Other Print Sources
Pamphlets, Brochures, and Government Publications
Dissertations, Conference Proceedings, and Legal Documents
Personal Communications and Published Letters
Cartoons, Maps, Manuscripts and Typescripts
Interviews: Personal, Radio & Television
Film, Videotape, and DVD
Live performances, Lectures, Speeches & Addresses
Sound Recordings and Artwork
Web & Electronic Publications
URLs & Works Cited Only on the Web
Online Videos, Online Images, and Online (only) Periodicals
Academic Web Sources
Print Publications also on the Web
Online Books & CD-ROMs (non-periodical & periodical)
How to Cite Unusual Sources