Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
What is included with this book?
Engaging and provocative writing, as well as a knack for revealing the “invisible hand” of economics at work have made Cowen and Tabarrok’s Modern Principles of Economics a singularly distinctive and effective textbook for the principles course.The thoroughly updated new edition of Modern Principles again draws on a wealth of captivating applications to show readers how economics shed light on business, politics, world affairs, and everyday life just as the authors do in their wildly successful blog, marginalrevolution.com.
Pioneers in teaching economics online, the authors have created a series of videos that are clever, to the point, and will help students better understand key economic concepts. These breakthrough videos are integrated in a dedicated version of Worth’s new online course space, LaunchPad.
See what's in the LaunchPad
1. The Big Ideas
2. The Power of Trade and Comparative Advantage
3. Supply and Demand
4. Equilibrium: How Supply and Demand Determine Prices
5. Price Ceilings and Price Floors
6. GDP and The Measurement of Progress
7. The Wealth of Nations and Economic Growth
8. Growth, Capital Accumulation and the Economics of Ideas: Catching Up vs. The Cutting Edge
9. Savings, Investment, and the Financial System
10. Stock Markets and Personal Finance
11. Unemployment and Labor Force Participation
12. Inflation and the Quantity Theory of Money
13. Business Fluctuations: Aggregate Demand and Supply
14. Transmission and Amplification Mechanisms
15. The Federal Reserve System and Open Market Operations,
16. Monetary Policy
17. The Federal Budget: Taxes and Spending,
18. Fiscal Policy
19. International Trade
20. International Finance