Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Intended primarily toward undergraduate and graduate systems analysis and design courses, this text also provides practical content to current and aspiring industry professionals.
Modern Systems Analysis and Design uses a practical, rather than technical, approach to help students learn the methods and principles of systems development. This text covers the concepts, skills, methodologies, techniques, tools, and perspectives essential for systems analysts to successfully develop information systems.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students. It provides:
- Fully Engaged Students : Three fictional cases illustrate connections.
- A Clear Understanding of Systems Development: The authors use the systems development life cycle (SDLC) model as an organizing tool throughout the text.
- Better Critical Thinking: A traditional, linear approach to teaching systems analysis and design.
Table of Contents
I. FOUNDATIONS FOR SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT
2. The Origins of Software
3. Managing the Information Systems Project
Appendix: Object-Oriented Analysis and Design: Project Management
4. Identifying and Selecting Systems Development Projects
5. Initiating and Planning Systems Development Projects
6. Determining System Requirements
7. Structuring System Process Requirements
Appendix 7A: Object-Oriented Analysis and Design: Use Cases
Appendix 7B: Object-Oriented Analysis and Design: Activity Diagrams
Appendix 7C: Object-Oriented Analysis and Design: Sequence Diagrams
Appendix 7D: Business Process Modeling
8. Structuring System Data Requirements
Appendix: Object-Oriented Analysis and Design: Object Modeling—Class Diagrams
9. Designing Databases
10. Designing Forms and Reports
11. Designing Interfaces and Dialogues
12. Designing Distributed and Internet Systems
V. IMPLEMENTATION AND MAINTENANCE
13. System Implementation
14. Maintaining Information Systems
Glossary of Terms
Glossary of Acronyms