Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
Part I: Fundamentals
1. The molecule: structure, size and shape
2. Molecular vibrations and molecular force fields
3. Quantum chemistry
4. The physical nature and the computer simulation of the intermolecular potential
5. Crystal symmetry and X-ray diffraction
6. Periodic systems: crystal orbitals and lattice dynamics
7. Molecular structure and macroscopic properties: calorimetry and thermodynamics
8. Correlation studies in organic solids
9. The liquid state
Part II: The frontier
11. Structure-property and structure-activity relationships
12. Intermolecular bonding
13. Phase equilibria, phase changes, and mesophases: analysis and simulation
14. Crystal polymorphism and crystal structure prediction
15. Epilogue: a theory of crystallization?