Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Both high temperature molten salts and room temperature ionic liquids (collectively termed liquid salts) have unique properties, including good heat capacity, good electrical conductivity and, in some cases, chemical catalytic properties. They are critical for the efficient production and processing of many different materials, for example the electrolytic extraction and refining of aluminium and silicon, particularly important in the post fossil fuel era. Other industrial applications range from solvents and fuel cells to alloy heat treatments and pyroprocessing in nuclear fuel.
With a focus on sustainable processes for the production and processing of materials, this book contains over 60 chapters and is organized into seven areas:
- Aluminium Electrolysis
- New Processes for Electrowinning
- Modeling and Thermodynamics
- High Temperature Experimental Techniques
- Electrochemistry in Ionic Liquids
- Nuclear Energy
- Energy Technology
Intended to provide a solid understanding of the properties, experimental methods, theoretical methods and applications of these materials, Molten Salts: Chemistry and Technology is an unrivalled reference for chemists, engineers and materials scientists in academia, research and industry.